Dr. Romero specializes in the following procedures:
- Gastric Bypass
- Mini Gastric Bypass
- Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Duodenal switch
- General laparoscopic surgery
- General open surgery
Dr. Romero operates in the General Hospital of Tijuana’s public system since 1983. In this hospital, he performs around 45 to 50 procedures per year. He also works in the private area with the same multidisciplinary group. He also works in the private sector where he performs many more bariatric procedures. He has been involved in many research projects, and won four national awards, over the past ten years, given by the Mexican Association of General Surgery.
- Graduated from the School of Medicine, UNAM, ( Autonomous National University of Mexico), Mexico D.F.
- Trained on the specialization curse of General Surgery, Hospital de Especialidades, IMSS, in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico. Graduated on February of 1983.
- Certified by the Mexican Board of General Surgery, and several times re-certified.
- Interest in Bariatric Surgery since 1983, and participated as director of the Obesity Clinic in my hospital since 1996.
- Began doing Laparoscopic Surgery on November of 1991, and open VBG since 1992, open GBP since 1996.
- In 1996 began training in Spain with Dr. Aniceto Baltasar and Dr Felipe De la Cruz Vigo, BPD/SD and laparoscopic GBP, respectably.
- Training course on the Universidad Catolica, Santiago de Chile, South America, sponsored by Johnson and Johnson laboratories, on Laparoscopic Gastric By Pass and TPC, (Total Patient Care).
- Trained and certified to perform Laparoscopic placement of the gastric band, INAMED.
- Two Fellowships in the USA, one in San Diego Ca. in UCSD on Trauma Surgery, and another in Mount Sinai Medical Center of Miami Beach, Florida, on Gastroenterology endoscopy.
Dr. Romero is a member of the following associations:
- Medical Society of Tijuana
- Baja California Board of Surgeons
- Mexican Society of General Surgery